1964 Danelectro 3412 "Shorthorn" bass - Bronze
1964 Danelectro 3412 "Shorthorn" bass - Bronze incl. black hardshellcase.
Here we have a 1964 Danelectro model 3412 "Shorthorn" bass in Bronze-metallic finishwith the famous "Coke-bottle" headstock. The bass is all original and in excellent condition for its age. Most bronze-finished "Danos" started to fade and oxydate just like Gibsons Gold Top guitars, but not this one. The backside of the neck shows some minor play-wear, the original frets are still in great shape. The hollow Masonite body sports a white "seal-shaped" pickguard and one original "lip-stick" singlecoils pickup, both pots are dated 1964. Great action, 30" short-scale and sounds best with round-wound strings. Incl. black hardshell case.
- Semi-acoustic hollowbody 4-str.-bass,
- Hollow-, Masonite doublecut body,
- 1-piece bolt-on maple neck (30"-scale),
- Rosewood fretboard with 15 frets,
- "Coke-bottle" headstock with orig. 2/2 tuners,
- 1x orig. "Lipstick" singlecoil PU,
- 1x Volume, 1x Tone control,
- Adjustable tailpiece w/wooden bridge,
- Black hardshell case.