1960 Fender Stratocaster - 3-tone Sunburst
1960 Fender Stratocaster - 3-tone Sunburst incl. orig. brown tolex case
1960 Fender Stratocaster in 3-tone Sunburst all original and in great condition for its 56(!) years. The previous owner bought that guitar in the mid 70s and really took good care of that beauty. The guitar has been played, so there is some of the usual wear and tear, but no damaged or any kind of mods! The original 3-way switch still works great and the tuners have never been changed, the frets are in great shape. As on most 1960 models, that color on the front of the body has changed to a rather 2-tone Sunburst, the original greenish pickguard is free of cracks, which rare. The 3 orig. "black-bottom pickups are well-balanced and have readings of Neck= 5,92K, Middle= 5,67K and Bridge= 6,31K. The guitar has all the desirable Pre-CBS features such as: green guard, Spagetti-Logo and slap-board neck with clay dot - inlays. The body-date in the tremolo-cavity read 3/60, the 3-pots are original Stackpole pots with the date of manfactory stamped 304.59.46, which stands for 46th week of 1959! The 1-piece maple neck has a nice medium-size C-profil, not too chunky but not as thin as some ´60 Strat necks are. The guitar comes in its orig. brown Fender tolex case w/orange plush lining.
- Solid alderbody in 3-tone Sunburst ,
- 1-piece maple-neck w/small Pre-CBS headstock w/Spagettilogo,
- Rosewood "slapboard" fretboard with 21 frets and clay dot inlays,
- 3x original "black-bottom"singlecoil pickups,
- 3-ply greenish pickguard,
- 1x volume, 2x tone, 3x way switch,
- 6x orig. Kluson "single-line" tuners,
- Fender “synchronized” tremolo,
- 6x “Pat.nr.stamped” steel-saddles,
- Incl. orig. Fender brown tolex case with orange plush lining.
See a video-clip of the 1960 Fender Stratocaster - 3-tone Sunburst: