1948 Gibson L-5 - Sunburst
1948 Gibson L-5 - Sunburst incl. orig. hardshell case
Beautiful 1948 Gibson L-5 Sunburst archtop acoustic guitar in excellent condition. 17" non-cutaway body with birdseye-maple body and arched spruce top. This is the original version of Gibsony propably most famous Jazz guitar, forerunner of the very popular Super 400 and one of the first archtops with a fully carved top and back. The guitar is all original except for the pickguard which is handmade with old material. Due to it´s body-size its comfortable to play and has a great, rich and warm sound, the previous owner has used and DeArmond Rythm-chief "add-on" pickup sytem which can be installed for amplification (can be provided at extra cost). Excellent condition for its almost 70(!) years of age, only a little repaired crack from the f-hole going to the outside of the body, which does not influence tone or stability. Great action and superb sounding! Comes in its orig. brown hardshell case.
- 17" acoustic archtop with carved top and back,
- Bound - 17" non-cutaway birdseye maple body,
- 2-piece flamed maple neck,
- Bound rosewood fretboard with MOP block inlays and 20frets,
- 6 orig. Kluson "Sealfast" tuners,
- Adjustable rosewood bridge on wooden base,
- Multibound tortoise-style pickguard,
- L-5 style fixed tailpiece,
- Incl. orig. brown hardshellcase.
See a video-clip of the 1948 Gibson L-5 - Sunburst: