1961 Gibson Les Paul (SG) Standard - Cherry (2xPAF´s) Mint !!!
1961 Gibson Les Paul (SG) Standard - Cherry (2xPAF´s)
Exceptional clean 1961 Gibson Les Paul Standard, one of the last models bearing the Les Paul name before they got re-named into SG. We bought this guitar from the son of the original owner, who bought it new in1961. The guitar is all original and in near mint condition, only 4 tuners have been re-tippeddue to shrinking of the plastic (orig. tips are inside the case). The guitar is still bright red, no fading of the original finish and no visible play-wear, the orig. factory frets are still like new. Untouched electronic, all 4 pots are dated 134.60.43 (43rd week 1960), two PAF - humbucking PickUps never had their covers off and still have both "Patent Applied For" decals visible on their backside. Lightweight with only 3,1(!)Kg and a slim, but not to skinny neck, this guitar is a dream to play. Incl. orig. brown Gibson Case with pink lining.
- 1-piece double cutaway mahagony body,
- 1-piece mahagony neck,
- Bound rosewood fretboard with 22 frets,
- 2x original PAF humbucker PUs,
- Nickel Hardware,
- Non-wire ABR-1 Bridge with bolts directly into the top,
- Original factory sideways tremolo tailpiece,
- Small pickguard,
- Lightweight and very comfortable to play,
- Brown Gibson SG Case w/pink lining.
See a video-clip of the 1961 Gibson Les Paul Standard - Cherry: