1968 Gibson Les Paul Standard - GoldTop ...rare Darkback !
1968 Gibson Les Paul Standard - GoldTop - incl. orig. case
1968 Gibson Les Paul Standard - Goldtop with rare "dark-back". Absolutely desirable guitar and amazing how close they came to a real 1956 Goldtop. The guitar has quiet some playwear, and weathercheckings but is all original, lightweight (4,1Kg) and sounds amazing. It had some different tuners at one time, but the original Kluson "doublerings" are back on, the electronic has untouched solderjoints, the frets have been professionally renewed. Only the first series of GTs made in 1968, feature a 1-piece mahagony-body, 1-piece mahagony neck, small 50s-Style headstock and long neck-tennon. All 4 pots are stamped 137.68.28, original pickguard (68 was still cut out of 50s material!), nice big/chunky neck profil with great playability, the guitar sounds amazing and can easiely compete with a real ´50s P-90 Les Pauls. The guitar is priced lower as of the amount of playwear, ...clean 68 examples go up to 20K+! Comes in its orig. black hardshell case with yellow interior.
- 1-piece mahagony body,
- 1- piece mahagony neck,
- Small 50s headstock w/correct angle,
- Rosewood fretboard with 22 frets and crown inlays,
- 2x Vol./2x Tone - golden reflector knobs.
- 2x Gibson P-90 pickpps,
- 2x Spraque "Black Beauty" caps,
- Tune-O-Matic bridge with bolts directly into the top,
- 6x original Kluson doublering tuners,
- Comes in its orig. black Gibson case w/yellow lining.