1964 Guild Thunderbird - Sunburst rare !!!
1964 Guild Thunderbird - Sunburst incl. orig. hardshell case
Rare 1964 Guild Thunderbird electric guitar in Sunburst finish. This a really rare bird, as we´ve never seen one before, the body-shape is definately from a Guild Thundebird, the electric and wiring seems to be similar to a Polaris. We checked the guitar extreme well and there is no doubt, that everything is all original with untouched solderjoints and no changed parts, so it seems to be a prototype of an early Guild Thunderbird guitar. The instrument is in very good condition for its age with no cracks or any hidden repairs,except it had Grovers at one time, the original Kluson tuners ar eback on. Considering the Thunderbird as one of the most rare Guild electric guitars, this model must be definately "the" most rare at all! Comes in its orig. tan Guild hardshell case.
- Body: solid maple / off-center,
- Neck: 1-piece mahagoni,
- Fretboard: rosewood with dot inlays and 22 frets,
- Headstock: raised Headstock,
- Pickguard: 5-ply pickguard",
- Pickups: 2x Guild pickups (N=5,28K/B=5,55K),
- Bridge: orig. "AdjustoMatic"-Bridge,
- Tailpiece: orig. Hagstrom-style tremolo,
- Case: tan Guild hardshell case.
See a video-clip of the 1964 Guild Thunderbird - Sunburst: