1972 Hagstrom Jimmy - Sunburst
1972 Hagstrom Jimmy - Sunburst incl. black harsdhell case
The Hagstrom Jimmy was designed for Hagstrom by famous american luthier James D´Aquisto who is considered one of the greatest builder of archtop guitars. The guitar is all original, except for a replaced pickguard (made of old material) and in excellent++ condition! Almost no visible playwear, the original frets are still in perfect condition. Hollow 16" body made of birch, the 2-piece birch neck is topped with a bound rosewood fretboard and features the large, asymetrical D´Aquisto-style headstock. A fine playing guitar who delivers a variety of sounds from crispy trebles to throaty, jazzy basses. Supposedly only 480 Jimmy models where built between 1969 and 1976! Comes with a black hardshell case with blue lining.
- Body: 16" Birch hollow-body, single cutaway,
- Neck: 2-piece birch / set-neck,
- Headstock: asymetrical D´Angelico style,
- Fretboard: bound rosewood with pearl dot inlays,
- Frets: 20 original vintage style,
- PickUps: 2x humbucking PUs,
- Controls: 2x Vol, 2x Tone, 3- way toggle, 3-way toneswitch,
- Scale: 625mm,
- Bridge: adj. micromatic bridge,
- Tailpiece: Hagstrom cast trapeze tailpiece,
- Tuners: 6x closed,
- Case: black hardshell case w/blue lining.
See a video-clip of the 1972 Hagstrom Jimmy - Sunburst: