1961 Höfner 500/1 Cavern "Beatles Bass"
1961 Höfner 500/1 Cavern "Beatles Bass" - Sunburst incl. original case.
Original 1961 Höfner 500/1Cavern bass. This is the rare "close-pickup" modell, also known as "Cavern - Bass" as played by Paul Mc Cartney in his early years with the Beatles. The bass is in excellent condition for its age with some weatherchecking and minor playwear. Both orig. Höfner "Diamond" - pickups sound great, the tuners work fine, straight neck, trussrod works well and the action is perfect. Both pots on the perloid control-panel work without any noises and are dated to 1961. Nice and comfortable to play, great sound and for shure on eof th emost sought-after Höfner basses! Comes in its orig. Höfner hardshell case with green lining.
- Semiacoustic, violin shaped maple body,
- Solid arched spruce top,
- Flamed maple sides and back,
- 30" scale mapleneck,
- Rosewood fretboard w/ 22 frets,
- 2x Hofner "Diamond" humbucking pickups
- 2x Volume, Bass/Treble/Solo -switch,
- Perloid pickguard,
- Original blk hardshell case w/green lining.