1957 Kay K6700 Barney Kessel - Sunburst
1957 Kay K6700 Barney Kessel - Sunburst incl. brown hardshell case
1957 Kay K6700 Barney Kessel - Sunburst, all original and in excellent+ condition. The Kay Barney Kessel signature model is definately an upper-level, good sounding archtop-guitar, great craftmanship and only the best parts have been used building these instruments. This instrument is in extremely good condition, only some minor weather-checking on the nitro finish, no cracks or hidden repairs, barely any visible playwear, the original frets are still in perfect shape! 15 1/2" maple body with single-cutaway and f-holes, 2x famous Gold K - "Kleenex-box" pickups with strong output and 2x Volumen/-2x Tone controls, 3-way PU-select-switch. Original electric, all 4 pots are dated 134.7.25 (25th week of 1957), untouched solderjoints! Great action, the 19 frets still have plenty of life. Sounds nice, electrified and unplugged. Incl. new black hardshell case.
- 15 1/2" hollow body - maple w/cutaway,
- Set-neck w/medium c-profile w/"Kelvinator" headstock,
- Bound rosewood fretboard w/19 frets,
- 2x original Gold-K (Kleenex-Box) pickups w/adjust. polepieces,
- 2x Volumen, 2x Tone, 3-way PU-selector switches,
- Adjustable "Melitta" bridge,
- Silver single-layer pickguard,
- Original trapeze tailpiece,
- Incl. newer brown hardshell case.
See a video-clip of the 1957 Kay K6700 Barney Kessel - Sunburst: