1961 Gibson Les Paul Special DC - Cherry
1961 Gibson Les Paul Special DC - Cherry incl. hardshell case
Super clean 1961 Les Paul Special in Cherry finish in excellent cond. and all original. One of the last LP Specials, as they´ve allready started the now SG-body shape at this time. Ultra ligtweight with only 3,12 Kg, no cracks, or hidden repairs, the front is a bit faded - the backside is still full bright red. Untouched soderjoints, all 4 pots are the original Centralab´s, dated to 1959 (134.59.47), two original "Bumble-Bee" capacitors and the two original P-90 "Soap-bar" pickups a well balanced with an output of 8,02k and 8,04K. The neck is definately not the skinny, slim 60s type, but a rather comfortable med-size C-shaped neck, very comfortable to play. The original "2/3 Kluson on the stripe" tuners are still in place and work fine. Lightweight and great tone ! Comes in newer brown hardshell case w/pink lining.
- Solid mahagony body - doublecutaway,
- Medium sized 1-piece mahagony neck,
- Rosewood fretboard with 22 frets,
- 2x perfectly balanced P-90s singlecoil pickups,
- 4x controls (2x Vol+2xTone), 3-way toggleswitch,
- Wrap-around aluminum tailpiece,
- 2x "Bumble Bee" Capacitors,
- 4x black Reflector knobs,
- Incl. newer brown hardshell case w/pink lining.
See a video-clip of the 1961 Gibson Les Paul Special DC - Cherry: