1959 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins / Cowboy Case / near mint !
1959 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins inkl. original Cowboy case.
Propably the "Holy Grail" of Gretsch guitars, here we have a outstanding clean 1959 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins hollowbody guitar. Hard to believe, but everything is in original and unrefinished, near MINT! condition. The two Filtertron PUs have outputs of N=4,09K and B=4,28K, the weight is 3,5Kg and both pots are dated 18th week of 1959. One of the best examples we´ve ever seen, with a unfaded, rich orange color and almost no playwear, no binding-issues and the original frets are still in perfect shape. Comes in its original, clean Gretsch "Cowboy-Case", white with Western-motiv tooled leather trim.
- Laminated 16" maple-body w/cutaway (2 7/8"deep),
- 2-piece, medium sized maple-neck,
- Bound ebony fretboard with 22 frets and “thumbnail-inlays",
- Two Gretsch “Patent-Number” Filtertron Pickups (Pat.2892371),
- Factory Gretsch-bigsby tailpiece,
- 1x Mastervol, 1x Vol., 1x Tone, 1x Toneswitch, 1x Pickup-switch,
- Gold-plated hardware,
- Incl. original, white Gretsch "Cowboy" hardshell case.
See a video-clip of the 1959 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins - Orange: