1958 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins
1958 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins inkl. original grey Gretsch case.
Super clean 1958 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins full-body / single-cutaway guitar, all original and in near mint condition! Propably the "Holy Grail" of Gretsch guitars, this is the same 6120 model with same specs that Brian Setzer made famous. Barely any visible play-wear, no weather checking, no binding issues, the color is still bright orange, only some minor fading on the front of the body, the backside is still bright orange. The factory frets are still in perfect shape, the two Filtertron PUs have outputs of aprox. 4,05K and 4,15K, the PUs are early Filtertrons with no "Pat.Nr." on their covers.The electronic is all original and untouched, the three pots are dated 18th week of 1957. This is one of the best and cleanest example of an 6120 available. Comes in its original grey Gretsch case.
- Laminated 16" maple-body w/cutaway (2 7/8"deep),
- 2-piece, medium sized maple-neck,
- Bound ebony fretboard with 22 frets and “thumbnail-inlays",
- Two Gretsch "Filtertron" humbucking pickups,
- Factory Bigsby tremelo tailpiece,
- 1x Mastervol, 2x Vol., 1x Toneswitch, 1x Pickup-switch,
- Gold-plated hardware,
- Incl. original grey Gretsch case.
See a video-clip of the 1958 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins: