1961 Gretsch 6120 DC Chet Atkins / Cowboy case & flames !!!
1961 Gretsch 6120 DC Chet Atkins inkl. original Cowboy case.
Super clean 1961 Gretsch 6120 DC, all original and in excellent condition for its age! One of the earliest DC-models with a extremely flamed maple body, super rare, as usually they´re made of plain woods. There is only some minor play-wear and the gold-plating of the hardware shows some wear, other tuners had been mounted once, the original Grovers are back on. Very little fading, the orange finish is still strong and rich in color. Lightweight (only 3,39Kg), the two-piece maple-neck has a medium c-shaped profile, the frets have plenty of life left and the playabilit is very comfortable. Sounds great and looks sharp, some of the new Gretsch models are higher in price and "Made in Japan"! Comes in a super rare Gretsch "Cowboy case" in white with violet interior.
- Laminated maplebody with two “fake”-f-holes,
- Two-piece medium sized C-shape maple neck,
- Bound ebony fretboard with 22 frets and “thumbnail-inlays,
- Factory Bigsby tailpiece,
- Factory dampener,
- Master-Vol., 2x Volume, PU-select-, Tone-switch,
- Two Gretsch “Pat Applied For” Filtertron Pickups,
- Incl. orig. Gretsch "Cowboy case".
See a video-clip of the 1961 Gretsch 6120 DC Chet Atkins: