1948 Gibson Super 300 Sunburst - w/ original "McCarty unit"
Late 1948 Gibson Super 300 in excellent condition. Introduced in 1948 as a less expensive model compared to the Super 400, the Super 300 was originally an acoustic archtop model. It shares the same size and construction like it's bigger brother but is a bit less "fancy" looking. Only 214 of these wonderful guitars have been built. This example is excatly the one featured in the famous "Gibson Electrics" by A.R. Duchossoir. It features the "double McCarty unit" - basically 2 P90 style pickups, pickup bleand, master tone and volume controls and output jack - mounted on the pickguard. The white label sticker has a 1948 serial number (A-2174) and the FON 3158-31 matches with 1948 as well. Besides being a very cool piece of guitar history it's a georgeous looking, phenomenal playing and sounding guitar. Comes including original case, strap and cable.
- Guitar pictured in "Gibson Electric" by A.R. Duchossoir
- 18" wide figured maple body
- Solid spruce top
- 2-piece maple neck with factory stinger
- Rosewood fingerboard with split trapez inlays
- "double McCarty unit" pickguard with 2 Gibson singlecoil pickups
- pickup blend, master volume & tone control
- Incl original case, strap and cable