1953 Gibson ES-295 - Sunburst / ex-Eric Clapton !
1953 Gibson ES-295 - Sunburst / ex-Eric Clapton ! incl. orig. brown hardshell case
Clean 1953 Gibson ES-295 in extremely rare Sunburst finish, 100% original and in excellent condition for it´s age. The guitar comes from the collection of Eric Clapton and has been sold at Christie´s auction in New York in Aid of the Crossroads Centre. There is plenty of documentation and proof of authenticy including a certificate of authentification signed by E.Clapton, the orig. Christie´s description (Lot 37) and a copy of the prices realized which comes with the guitar. The instrument is in perfect working order and comes in its original brown hardshell case.
- 16 1/4" maple body w/Florentine cutaway,
- Triple bound top + single bound back,
- Medium profil mahagony neck w/small 50s headstock,
- Bound rosewood fretboard w/split-parallelogram inlays,
- 19 frets in good condition,
- 2x orig. Gibson P-90 "Soapbar" Pickups,
- 2x Volumen, 2x Tone control,1x 3-way toggle-switch,
- Trapeze tailpiece,
- Gold-plated hardware,
- 6x original Kluson Tuners,
- Original brown hardshell case.
See a video-clip of the 1953 Gibson ES-295 - Sunburst: