1958 Gibson ES-335 T - Sunburst
1958 Gibson ES-335 T - Sunburst incl. orig case
Nice 1958 Gibson ES-335T in very good condition for its age. Supposedly this instrument used to belong to Peter Green, but since, except a couple of pictures and the article in the Bacon/Day book, we do not have enought proof for that, we appraised the guitar like a normal 1958 ES-335. The instrument is all original with two orig. PAF-humbuckers and the "long-guard"-pickguard those early 335s are famous for. The guitar came factory equiped with a lightweight stop tailpiece, there has never been a Bigsby or Trapez-tailpiece installed. The first series of 1958 ES-335 are known for an unbound fretboard and a very shallow neck-angle. For that reason the ABR-1 bridge has been factory-shaved, the action is good and the playability of this guitar is perfect! Great mahagony neck, with a big c-profil but not bulky, very comfortable to play. The tone of this 335 is just "MONSTER", we´ve heard the Phrase "Burst-Killer" a lot in the past, this 335 definately is one! Grovers had been mounted in the past, the original Kluson Single-ring tuners are back on. Comes in its original brown Gibson hardshellcase with pink lining.
- Laminated doublecutaway maplebody,
- 1-piece mahagony neck (large c-style),
- Bound rosewood fretboard with pearl crown inlays,
- Factory lightweight stop-tailpiece,
- Gibson ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge with brass saddles,
- 5-layer "long-guard" pickguard,
- 2x PAF - humbucking pickups,
- Nickel hardware,
- Incl. original brown Gibson 335- hardshellcase with pink lining.
See a video-clip of the 1958 Gibson ES-335 T - Sunburst: