1958 Gibson ES-335 T - Sunburst ..near mint !!!
1958 Gibson ES-335 T - Sunburst incl. orig case
Super clean 1958 Gibson ES-335T all original in excellent+++ condition for its age. The instrument is all original with two orig. PAF-humbuckers and the "long-guard"-pickguard those early 335s are famous for. The guitar came factory equiped with a lightweight stop tailpiece, there has never been a Bigsby or trapez tailpiece installed, only the original Kluson "single-line" tuners have been rebuttened due to shrinkage. The original finish is still strong and bright, with no fading at all, one of the brightest colors we´ve seen on a 58´ ES-335. This is one of the earliest 58 ES-335 still without neck-binding and the thin ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge. The action is low and very easy to play, the two original PAF humbuckers have the "Patent applied for" sticker on their base-plate and outputs of N=7,62K and B=7,72K, the electronic is all original with untouched solderjoints, the 4 pots are stamped 134.8.08 = 8th week of 1958. Great mahagony neck, with a big c-profil but not chunky, very comfortable to play. Comes in its original brown Gibson hardshellcase with pink lining.
- Laminated doublecutaway maplebody,
- 1-piece mahagony neck (large c-style),
- Bound rosewood fretboard with pearl crown inlays,
- Factory lightweight stop-tailpiece,
- Gibson ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge with brass saddles,
- 5-layer "long-guard" pickguard,
- 2x PAF - humbucking pickups,
- Nickel hardware,
- Incl. original brown Gibson 335- hardshellcase with pink lining.
See a video-clip of the 1958 Gibson ES-335 T - Sunburst: