1958 Gibson ES-335 T - Sunburst
1958 Gibson ES-335 T - Sunburst incl. orig brown Gibson hardshell case
Beautiful early 1958 Gibson ES-335 T in excellent condition for its age. The guitar came factory equiped with a lightweight stop tailpiece, but a bigsby had been installed at some time in the past. The holes are professionally filled, no overspray! Otherwise this instrument is all original with two orig. PAF-humbuckers (covers have never been opened!) and the "long-guard"-pickguard those early 335s are famous for. The first series of 1958 ES-335 are known for an unbound fretboard and a very shallow neck-angle. For that reason they came with a special ABR-1 bridge from the factory, which is much thinner, so the action is good and the playability of this guitar is perfect! Great mahogany neck, with a big c-profil but not bulky, very comfortable to play. The tone of this 335 is just "MONSTER", we´ve heard the Phrase "Burst-Killer" a lot in the past, this 335 definately is one! The original Kluson single-ring tuners have been rebuttoned, never had Grovers or Schallers. They weight is only 3,43Kg and the two PAFs have outputs of N=7,67K and B=7,86K, the original pots are stamped 134.8.08 = 8th week of 1958. Comes in its original brown Gibson hardshellcase with pink lining.
- Laminated double cutaway maple body,
- 1-piece mahogany neck (large c-style),
- Bound rosewood fretboard with pearl crown inlays,
- Factory lightweight stop-tailpiece,
- Gibson ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge with adj. saddles,
- 5-layer "long-guard" pickguard,
- 2x PAF - humbucking pickups,
- Nickel hardware,
- Incl. original brown Gibson 335- hardshellcase with pink lining.