1978 Gibson FlyingV - Natural ....only 2,86Kg !!!
Cool 1978 Gibson Flying V in Natural finish, all original except for an old overspray in Natural finish which has aged to a dark maroon/-mahogany color. Other than the old overspray, this instrument is all original, never had Schallers or other Pickups installed, there is visible play-wear and a fixed crack (only 1-1,5 inch on the lower side of the control-cavity), other than that no damages or repairs. Nice chunky neck - not too skinny and the two original Gibson "Pat.Nr.-T-Top" humbucking pickups have well-balanced outputs of N=7,43K and B=7,67K, all three pots are stamped 137.77.18, dating them to 18th week of 1977. Super lighweight with only 2,86 Kg(!) and a real joy to play. Despite the looks, this is by far our best sounding and playing Flying V we´ve had in a long time! Comes in newer black Flying V hardshell case.
- 2-piece center-seemed mahogany body,
- 3-piece mahogany neck,
- Unbound rosewood fretboard with 22 frets and dot inlays,
- 2x Vol./1x Tone - black witch hat knobs.
- 2x Gibson "Pat.Nr. T-Top" humbucking pickups,
- Tune-O-Matic bridge w/bolts directly into the top,
- 6x original Gibson metal button tuners,
- Chrome plated hardware,
- Original black Flying V case.