1981 Gibson L5S Custom - Tobacco Sunburst
1981 Gibson L5S Custom - Tobacco Sunburst incl. orig. Gibson hardshell case
1981 Gibson Les Paul L5S Custom in rare Tobacco Sunburst finish. The guitar is excellent+ condition, only some minor playwear, no beltbuckle-rush, the original frets are still in perfect condition, only the gold-plating on the hardware has faded a bit over the years. The L5S came out in 1973 and was actually a "solid-body version" of Gibson succesfull L5 Jazzguitar and features a lot of similar apointments such as the highly flamed 5-piece maple neck, the multi-bound 24 3/4"scale ebony fretboard and the extensively-styled L-5 headstock with famous flower-pot inlay. The L5S was by far Gibson most expensive electric guitar back ten, later version from 1980 on, featured two Gibson humbucking pick-ups instead of the former "Low Impedance", and the L-5 Trapeze tailpiece has been changed to a Gibson TP-6 fine-tuning tailpiece. Becaus of the solid maple body, usually the L5-S models a very heavy, this one is considerably lightweight with 4,2Kg. Famous players who could be seen with a L5S: Pat Matino, Keith Richard, Mark Farner (Grand Funk), Ron Wood, Neil Schon (Journey), Ritchie Sambora (Bon Jovi) and many others. Incl. orig. Gibson HCS withyellow lining.
- Multibound- single-cutaway flamed maple body,
- Carved top and back,
- 5-piece flamed maple neck with walnut stripes,
- Multibound headstock w/flower-pot inlay,
- Bound ebony fretboard with abalone block inlays,
- Original "harmonica"-bridge,
- TP-6 "fine-tuning" tailpiece,
- 4 golden reflector knobs for 2x Vol. and 2x Tone,
- 6x orig. Gibson "winder" tuners,
- 2x Gibson humbucking pickups,
- Gold-plated hardware,
- Comes in orig. black hardshellcase w/yellow lining.