1961 Fender Stratocaster - Dakota Red
1961 Fender Stratocaster - Dakota Red incl. orig. brown hardshell case
Nice 1961 Fender Stratocaster in Dakota Red. Its an early 1961 model (Neckstamp=1/61) with all the desirable Pre-CBS features such as: green guard, "spagheti-Fender"-logo, clay dots and a highly desired "slab board" fretboard. The guitar is in very good condition and all original except for a profesional refin in Dakot Red, which was the original color when the guitar left the factory. The original Dakota Red finish is still visible under the pickguard, in the electronic cavities, the tremolo-cavity and in the neck-pocket, ..very hard to tell it´s a refin, as its been very professional done in nitro laquer. The neck is pencil-dated 1/61 and has an incredibly figured/-flamed maple backside, all 3 pots are Centralab pots dated to 1961. The 3-way CRL switch has been changed to a 5-way model in the 70s. The guitar has been refret with medium jumbo frets, the frets still have plenty of meat left. The guitar sounds superb and has a real light weight of ca. 3,4Kg which makes it very comfortable to play! Comes in its orig. brown hardshell case.
- solid alderbody in Dakota Red (refin) ,
- nice 1-piece mapleneck - small Pre-CBS headstock w/Spagettilogo,
- Rosewood fretboard (slab board) with 21 frets (refret - D6105)
- Orig. clay dot inlays,
- 3x original singlecoil pickups,
- 3-ply greenish pickguard, 1x volume, 2x tone, 3x way switch,
- Fender “synchronized” tremolo with 6x “Pat.nr.stamped” steelsaddles,
- Incl. orig. Fender brown tolex case with orange plush lining.
See a video-clip of the 1961 Fender Stratocaster - Dakota Red: