1962 Fender Bass VI – 3-t Sunburst
1962 Fender Bass VI – 3-t Sunburst incl. Fender Tweed case
Rare 1962 Fender Bass VI in 3-tone Sunburst all original and in great working condition. As you can see, this instrument has been played, so there is some honest playwear. This is an very early version of the Fender VI bass with the chrome PU-surounds and the early pick-up versions, which where from their construction closer to a Telecaster bridge-PU! The electronic is all original with untouched electronic, the pots are coded 304.62.15 (15th week of 1962) and the neck is dated 6 MAR 62 A. With it´s scale-length of 30" it can be used as a short-scale bass or a baritone guitar, very fun to play. The "A"-neck has a medium profile, the three Stratocaster-style PUs have strong outputs of 6,00K/6,18K/6,42K and sound great in that guitar. With a comfortable weight of only 3,93Kg its rather lightweight for its size and comfortable to play. Comes in a newer Fender Tweed case.
- Alder Body in 3-tone Sunburst,
- 1-piece maple neck (Scalelength = 30"),
- Rosewood fretboard with 21 frets,
- Clay dot-inlays,
- 3x orig. Fender singlecoil pickups,
- Mulit-layer brown tortoise pickguard,
- 6x Kluson single-line tuners,
- Floating tremolo and adjustable mute,
- Chrome hardware,
- Including Fender Tweed case.