1966 Fender Electric Mandolin (Mandocaster)
Fender has built some electric solid-body mandolines starting in 1956 that looked like "Mini-Stratocasters". This instrument is from 1966 and is all original in excellent original condition. There is some weather checking and some typical play wear, especially in the cutaway. The mandocaster has a solid alder body and 1-piece maple neck with curved rosewood fretboard and has many of the desired "Pre-CBS" features such as "black-botton" pickup, clay dot fretboard inlays and brown 4-ply tortoise pick-guard. The original Kluson "double-line" tuners work fine and stay in tune. Very resonant little instrument! It comes in it´s original Fender black tolex case" with orange lining.
- Body: solid alder
- Neck: 1-piece maple
- Fretboard: curved rosewood
- Frets: 24
- Pickup: 1x orig. Fender singlecoil
- Pickguard: 4-ply brown tortoise guard
- Bridge: fixed, 4-string-bridge (w/cover)
- Hardware: Nickel/chrome
- Tuners: 4 Kluson "doubleline" on/strip,
- Case: black Fender tolex case w/orange interior.