1968 Fender Telecaster - Maroon
1968 Fender Telecaster - Maroon incl. black Fender Tolex case.
Cool early 1968 Fender Telecaster with factory Bigsby and rare rosewood fretboard. The body of this guitar has been refinished in a dark maroon color, the neck still has its original finish. Its been played, so there is some visible play-wear and weatherchecking mostly on the neck and headstock. The frets are still in good condition and play without buzzing. Rosewood fretboards are rather rare on 68 necks, comfortable to play with a medium c-profile. The bridge pickup with staggered polepieces has an output of aprox. 7K, the neck pickup meassures aprox. 6,9K. Both pots are stamped 304.65.48 which dates to 48th week of 1965, the neck is stamped 3 FEB 68 B. There where two little holes in the pickguard, which have been professionally filled. Nice Tele with great sound and mojo, with a pleasant weight rather on the light side for a Bigsby-model. It never had other tuners mounted and no routings under guard! Comes in a newer black Fender tolex case w/black interior.
- Solid ash body,
- 1-piece medium-profile maple neck
- Rosewood fretboard with 21 frets
- Telecaster block-logo on headstock
- 6x orig. Fender "F"- Tuners
- 2x original Fender singlecoil pu´s
- 1x Volume, 1x Tone, 3-way crl-switch
- 3-ply white pickguard w/pearl underside
- Original Fender/Bigsby B5 Vibrato tailpiece
- Jazzmaster bridge w 6 adjustable roller-saddles,
- Maroon-finish (refinished)
- Incl. black Fender tolex case
See a video-clip of this 1968 Fender Telecaster: