1981 Fender Stratocaster "The Strat" - Candy Apple Red
1981 Fender Stratocaster "The Strat" - Candy Apple Red incl. tweed hardshell case
1981 Fender Stratocaster "The Strat" in Candy Apple Red in very good condition for its age. The first year, when Fender returned to some tradtional pre-CBS construction features, such as the 4-bolt neck-construction, smaller headstock-design and removal of the bullet trussrod-adjustment to the end of the neck. Some new features debuted with this model, as the multi-rotary switch which replaced the mid-tone control and was wired for more PU-switching combinations, PUs the newly designed single-coil PUs with more gain in the bridge position. Goldplated controls and hardware. The guitar is all original except for a pro-refret which improved playability enormously, the CAR finish shows some wear and checking, which is typical for these models of that year. Actually a good-sounding and comfortable to play guitar, soon to be vintage and still afordable! Including non original tweed hardshell case.
- Solid Ash body with Candy Apple Red finish,
- Small headstock with 6 Fender/Schaller tuners.
- Nice comfortable 1-piece mapleneck with “skunk-stripe” (4-bolt),
- 4-bolt construction,
- Maple fretboard with 21 frets in excellent condition,
- 3-orig. Fender singlecoil pickups,
- 1x Volumen, 1x rotary- and 5-way CRL switch,
- 3-ply white pickguard,
- Orig. Fender brass trem-bridge w/6x brass-saddles,
- incl. tweed hardshellcase w/pink lining
See a video-clip of the 1981 Fender The Strat: