1978 Dean Z Standard - Braziliaburst ...low serial & BFH !
1978 Dean Z Standard - Braziliaburst incl. orig. hardshell case
Rare and super early 1978 Dean Z Standard model in excellent condition for its age and all original. Using only best materials and components, Dean built his own "Z" - model which was designed after the famous Explorer, with a solid mahagony body, set neck (long neck tennon!) and a nice, bound curly maple top. This is one of the lowest serialnumbers we´ve seen and shows all early features as red binding-dots, no volute on headstock, the "BFH" (...big fucking headstock) and there is Dean Zelinskys penciled "Z" in the trussrod pocket. The guitar is in excellent condition for its age, only some minor play-wear - mostly on the sides/-backsides of the body, the original frets are still in perfect shape. Looking at the price-explosion of vintage Hamer Explorers (6-7k- and up!), this is a great alternative, still affordable and those early Dean shure will go up in price soon. Including original black Dean hardshell case with blue interior.
- Solid mahagoni body,
- bound flamed maple top,
- 1-piece mahogani neck - no Volute,
- 6x orig. Grover tuners,
- Bound ebony fingerboard with dot inlays and 22 frets,
- Red dot binding markers,
- 2x DiMarzio Super-distortion humbucker´s,
- 2x Vol, 1x Tone, 3-way switch,
- Adjustable Nashville bridge,
- "Boomerang" brass - tailpiece,
- Strings - thru - body construction,
- Chrome hardware,
- Incl. original black Dean hardshell case with violet interior.
See a video-clip of the 1978 Dean Z Standard - Braziliaburst: