1965 Framus Hootenanny - Natural (John Lennon)
1965 Framus Model 5/024 "Hootenanny" - Natural incl. black hardshell case
Clean 1965 Framus Model 5/024 "Hootenanny" in Natural finish in very good condition for its age. This is the same brand and model John Lennon played on Songs like "Help", "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away", and "Polythene Pam" and others, except Lennon had the 1964 model with the trapeze tailpiece. The original set of frets are still in perfect shape, the finish has little weatherchecking and some minor play-wear - typical for a 54(!) year old instrument. The big neck is streight and the action is very good and "buzz-free", original tuners and great shape. The guitar is all original except for and added pickup-system. Comes in black hardshell case.
- Body: mahogany back and sides,
- Top: spruce top,
- Neck: strong C-shape mahogany neck,
- Fretboard: rosewood with pearl-dot inlays,
- Frets: 21+ "zero-fret" - orignal frets,
- Pickguard: singlelayer, brown tortoise,
- Sound-holes with nice wooden surrounding,
- 12-string rosewood bridge,
- 2x 6 tuners on a plate,
- Incl. black hardshell case.