1959 Gibson ES-175 D - Sunburst
1959 Gibson ES-175 D - Sunburst incl. brown Gibson hardshell case
Nice and clean 1959 Gibson ES-175 D - Sunburst in excellent+ condition for its age. Unfortunately this guitar had been robbed all his hardware, which was quiet common several years ago, when the prices for Vintage Les Pauls went sky-rocketing, but the Jazz-guitars where still affordable. All hardware parts have been replaced with newer Gibson Custom Shop parts, except for the tailpiece, saddle and the pickguard with bracket, which remained stock from the original guitar. The tuners have been changed once, so the oversized/-adidtional holes have been professionally filled and the headstock had been oversprayed - definately never (!) had a headstock crack!!!. The guitar came with a factory-Bigsby, therefore the two faded circles on the front of the body, on request we can mount a Bigsby instead of the trapeze. Great wide and big neck, but not chunky and very comfortable to play, just as you expect it from a 1959 Gibson. The body/-neck itself is in perfect shape and looks like it hasn`t been played very much, the original finish is still bright in color - no fading, the original factory frets barely show any play-wear and are still in perfect shape. This guitar is a great oportunity to buy a 1959 Gibson ES-175 for the price of a new Custom Shop instrument, original PAF pickups may be added later, but the guitar sounds just great with the new Gibson hunbuckers as well! Comes in newer, brown Gibson hardshell case with pink interior and including Cites paperwork for the brazilian rosewood fretboard.
- 16 1/4" wide Archtop body, singlecutaway maple body with no center block,
- Triple bound top + single bound back,
- Big C-profil mahogany neck with small 50s headstock,
- Rosewood fretboard with parallelogramm inlays,
- 20 orig. frets in perfect condition,
- 2x Gibson Reissue humbucker PUs,
- 2x Volumen, 2x Tone control, 1x 3-way toggle-switch,
- 4x golden hat knobs,
- Tune-O-Matic bridge on adjustable base,
- Fixed trapeze tailpiece (Bigsby on request),
- Nickel Hardware,
- Incl. orig.brown Gibson hardshell case w/pink interior.
See a video-clip of the 1959 Gibson ES-175: