1972 Gibson ES-150 DC - Walnut
1972 Gibson ES-150 DC - Walnut incl. orig. Gibson hardshell case
Super clean 1972 Gibson ES-150 DC in Walnut finish, all original and in excellent++ condition for its age! The Walnut finish as has not faded at all and reveals the nice grain of the maple body, almost no visible play-wear or weatherchecking. The original frets are still in perfect shape. These rare Gibson ES-150 DC look almost like a ES-335 except for the 3" thick body and they do not have a sustain-block. Physically and soundwise the ES-150 DC is more a ES-175 and the only double cutaway true hollow body Gibson ever made with humbuckers! It has two Gibson "Pat.Nr." humbuckers have well balanced outputs and sound great in that guitar, mastervolumen on the lower cutaway. Untouched electronis, pot-codes are 137.72.11 and two black "Spraque" black-beauty capacitors, the Humbucker covers have "GIBSON" embossed on both covers, which can only be found on 1972 models! The weight is comfortably light with only 2,39 Kg, t guitar sounds great, electrified as well as played acoustically. Comes in its original black hardshell-case with yellow lining.
- Laminated 3" doublecutaway maplebody,
- Set mahagony neck without volute,
- Bound rosewood fretboard w./blockmarker inlays,
- Original trapez tailpiece,
- Pat.Nr. Tune-O-Matic bridge w/studs directly into the top,
- 2x orig. Gibson "Pat.-Nr. humbucking" pickups,
- 2xVol, 2xTone, 1x Master Vol,
- Untouched solderjoints,
- Original pots dating to 1974,
- 6x Kluson/Gibson doubleline tuners,
- Chrome hardware,
- original black hardshellcase w/yellow lining.
See a video-clip of this 1972 Gibson ES-150 DC - Walnut: