1963 Gretsch 6122 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman - Mahogany
1963 Gretsch 6122 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman - Mahogany incl. orig. hardshell case
Outstanding clean 1963 Gretsch Country Gentleman in near mint condition. We bought thi sguitar from the son of the original owner, the condition is outstanding clean, almost no visible play-wear, no fading of the finish, even the binding, which often needs to be replaced is in perfect shape, the original frets are still , everything works fine, the medium sized D-shape neck is very comfortable to play, and the two original Gretsch Filtertron PUs sound just great! The ´63 models are known as the "George Harrison - model" as George used this model in the Beatles.The guitar comes with some case candy and instruction-paper. Even the orig. Gretsch two-tone grey hardshellcase with maroon velvet lining almost looks like new.
- 17" wide maple double cutaway body,
- 2-piece maple-neck /scale 24-1/2",
- Bound ebony fingerboard with thumbprint inlays,
- 22 frets + 1x Zero-fret,
- 2x original Gretsch "Filter tron" pickups
- 2x Volumen, 1x Master-Vol., PU-Select, tonecontrol,
- Double String-mute damper with 2 small levers,
- Gold plated hardware,
- Orig. Gretsch/Bigsby vibrato tailpiece,
- Padded back,
- Including orig. Gretsch two-tone grey Gretsch two-tone grey hardshellcase.
See a video-clip of the 1963 Gretsch 6122 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman: