1967 Fender Electric Mandolin (Mandocaster)
1966 Fender Electric Mandolin (Mandocaster) incl. orig. black Fender Tolex case
Fender has built some elctric solid-body mandolines starting in 1956 who looked like "mini-Stratocasters". This instrument is from 1966 and is all original in excellent+ original condition for its age, except for a former conversion to an 8-string mandolin, which has professionally been rebuild back to 4-strings. The mandocaster sports a solid alder body and 1-piece mapleneck with curved rosewood fretboard and has many of the desired "Pre-CBS" features such as "black-botton" pickups, pearl dot fretboard inlays and brown 4-ply tortoise pick-guard. The original Kluson "double-line" tuners work fine and stay in tune, the original frets are still like new! It comes in it´s original Fender black tolex case" with orange lining.
- Body: solid alder,
- Neck: 1-piece maple,
- Fretboard: curved rosewood,
- Frets: 24 (original!),
- Pickup: 1x orig. Fender singlecoil,
- Pickguard: 4-ply brown tortoise guard,
- Bridge: fixed, 4-string-bridge (w/cover),
- Hardware: Nickel/chrome,
- Tuners: 4 Kluson "doubleline" on/strip,
- Case: black Fender tolex case w/orange interior.